To determine the size liner needed: 1) Figure the smallest square or rectangle your pond would fit in from a top view.
2) Draw two cross-sections of your pond. One representing distance A in the diagram the other representing distance B. List all measurements. Example: you would need the distance down to the first ledge, if there is more than one, then the distance across the ledge then the distance down to the next ledge and so on (see example). This would continue until all measurements were filled in on the diagram from one side to the other.
3) On each drawing add 12 inches to each side for overhang.
4) On each drawing add another 6 inches to each side for a margin of error or any additional material your design calls for.
Final Length = Length + 2 X Depth(") + 2 X 12"
Final Width = Width + 2 X Depth(") + 2 X 12"
PONDGUARD LINERS Firestone is the #1 manufacturer of pond liners
in the USA. PONDGUARD is the best liner material available and has a 20-year membrane warranty. In addition, this is the only liner that is tested for toxicity and is "fish safe." 45 mil.
Tip!Whenever possible, plan your pond to use only one liner. Piecing liners together can cause problems with separation and leaking. When joining waterfall liners to the main pond liner, be sure to allow enough length of the waterfall piece to give good overlap.
Don't underestimate the width of liner required for a waterfall - allow enough extra width to build up dirt and support rock work along the edges to give the waterfall enough depth to contain the water and deliver it to the main pond.
Quickseam Tape Seaming Kit FP7105 A complete system for seaming of two panels of Firestone PondGard membrane. Each kit contains:
• Seam Prep (1 pint)
• QuickSeam Tape (3"x25')
• QuickScrubber Tool (1 handle, two pads)
• 4 Wipes
Liner Repair Tape Perfect for seaming and patching holes in liner material. For best results use with a scrubbing pad and Tape Primer. Sold by the foot. FP85453" Double Sided Zip Splice Tape FP85436" Cured Repair & Seaming Tape
Protection Mat 5' wide pond liner underlayment protects against puncture from roots and rocks. Sold per linear foot. FP8542
Other Useful Sealing and Contruction Products from Danner
Black Foam Waterfall Sealant Savio Black Foam directs water flow over rocks by filling in cracks and voids. It can also be used to secure stone edging and contain gravel on bog shelves. The black color discretely blends with liner and rocks.
It drys faster, lasts longer and is ready to trim in less than an hour.
• For waterfall construction
• Easier and faster than using mortar
• Does not affect pH like mortar
• Black foam blends into shadows of stonework
• Use to make seals or fill gaps
• 400ml Can
• Yields approximately 1/4" bead 575 linear feet
• Dries tack free in 20 minutes, cures in 24 hours
• Fish-safe once dried